Deforestation Solutions And Its Types
The responsibility of safeguarding our magnificent earth lies in the hands of its populace. Needless to say, we as humans are accountable for preserving our planet. Our actions do major impacts on the natural world; our choices can either revive our Earth or totally annihilate it. The many forested lands are being shattered all over the world, and we must make moves to further pursue the deforestation solutions.
Deforestation is in fact an inescapable problem; it should therefore be addressed to and not put aside. Solutions are needed for this kind of problem if we want to stay away from its consequences. Although smaller forests are but a speck of soil in contrast to the whole land mass of the globe, there is a likelihood that the entire world might one day end up like a wasted place if deforestation persists without fervent actions taken against it.
The False Solutions At Hand
In the past, various solutions have been taken account to for further experiments against what could bring deforestation down. However, some of the solutions failed and some progressed, and here is the list of what should not be considered as a problem solving equation for one of the world’s biggest threats: Sustainable Commercial Logging Options, Tropical Forestry Action Plan, Limits of Reserve Strategies, and International Biodiversity Program.
The Sustainable Commercial Logging Options has been considered negligible by most of our environmentalists. Its key concept of permitting logging at a minimal rate resulted to more deforestation events all over the world. People did not seem to listen or to participate in such program since aggressive prohibition of logging was not made.
Second, the TFAP plan which was based on a concept that deforestation problems were due to poverty did not work out as well. Timber harvest was assumed by TFAP to have lifted poverty problems, which only drove all the more to the evils of deforestation.
Strict protective measures to preserve earth through the third plan are only a second and subsidiary form of healing. Instead of dealing directly with the problem, it tends to sidetrack by supporting only one of its branches. What should be done is to have the greatest protection available for our depleted rainforests. In this way, direct controlling of the problem is needed.
The fourth and the last failed plan is International Biodiversity Program which only addresses to the underlying causes of deforestation and not the direct ones. Just like TFAP, such plans also came to end without showing good results.
The Sensible Solutions Toward Deforestation Eradication
Like the false solutions, the world also came up with realistic problem solving ideas which would help in the betterment of the deforestation problems. Some of which include: recognizing the presence of the indigenous people as the original inhabitants of all rainforests over the Earth.
Non-timber values which explain to people that other crops or products can be means of lumber substitute, the impact of debt burden to a country and how the nation can ask for help from the world bank; and lastly, putting an end to over consumption of forest made products.
Whichever deforestation solutions we use, the only thing that actually matters is how the humans react to it. If they give much time and effort for the world’s conservation, then the possibilities of reaching that goal would definitely be high.
However, as human concern declines, the rate of deforestation correspondingly grows higher.
More Deforestation Articles:
- What Is Deforestation? Be Proactive: Knowledge Is Power - April 18th, 2009
- The Relationship Between Human Population And Deforestation - April 11th, 2009
- The Many Causes of Deforestation - April 4th, 2009
- The History Of Deforestation And The Impact It Brought To The Modern World - March 28th, 2009
- Rainforest Deforestation and Depletion - March 21st, 2009
- Deforestation Statistics Over Time - March 14th, 2009
- Deforestation Problems Are A Major Global Threat - March 7th, 2009
- Deforestation In Latin America Is Afflicting The World In Countless Ways - February 28th, 2009
- Deforestation In Canada, A Demise - February 21st, 2009
- Deforestation Facts And Myths - February 14th, 2009
- Global Warming and Building Green - February 12th, 2009
- Forestry and Global Warming - February 9th, 2009
- Critical Path To Controlling Deforestation - January 31st, 2009
- Why Does Deforestation Happen Globally? - January 24th, 2009
- How Tropical Deforestation Is Destroying The Earth - January 17th, 2009
- The Pros And Cons of Deforestation - January 10th, 2009
- The Implications Of Deforestation In Ethiopia - January 3rd, 2009
- Are There Really Any Solutions To Deforestation? - December 27th, 2008
- Devastating Effects Of Deforestation - December 20th, 2008
- The Roots And Consequences Of Deforestation In The Amazon - December 6th, 2008